(R2-DL/340/8/0041 (MQA/FA0368) 03/26)
- Earn yourself a competitive edge with OUM’s DBA. It is a professional doctoral degree designed for managers and executives who wish to enhance their professional practices and deepen their management knowledge, skills and leadership in business administration through intensive study and research. A total of 80 credits of core courses, electives and research components need to be completed in order to be awarded this doctoral degree.
- 15 credits are allocated for core courses, 12 credits are for core research skills, 9 credits are for electives, 4 credits for Concept Paper, and 40 credits for a research dissertation.
- Specialisation is allowed in these areas:
- Human Resource
- DBA aims to produce a new breed of scholar-managers who have the ability to develop a vision for the future, think critically and plan strategically, implement effective business policies and make sound decisions to achieve business goals.
- A major aim of the OUM DBA is to educate senior executives to be the “scholar-managers”, who are able to apply research findings in solving the real-world management problems.
- Students are developed to identify innovation opportunities, develop breakthrough strategies, and create an organizational environment that enable innovation and change .
- Graduates will be able to apply a range of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and formulate solutions pertaining to real business problems and issues.
|Malaysian Learner Fees|
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
|International Learner Fees
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
**LATEST UPDATE: 31 October 2021
- Master (MQF Level 7) as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
- Other qualifications equivalent to Master (MQF Level 7) as accepted by HEP Senate.
English language competency requirements for international students: Minimum IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
- No direct admission from Bachelor’s Degree to Doctoral Programme.
- Candidate with a bachelor degree who has enrolled for a masters degree programme may apply to change to a doctoral programme within 1 year after registering for the programme, subject to the following provisions:
- Has demonstrated competency and ability to conduct research at the postgraduate level;(Level 8 MQF);
- A comprehensive internal assessment by the HEP; and
- Obtain approval from the HEP Senate.
NOTE: Intake is subject to the approval of the Postgraduate Committee of the faculty.
- Coursework (9 courses) = 27 credits
- Elective (3 Subjects) = 9 credits
- Doctoral Concept Paper -4 credits
- Research and Dissertation = 40 credits
|1||I||Advanced Managerial Economics (BPME7103)
Advanced Organisation and Management (BPOM7103)
|II||Advanced Marketing Management (BPMM7103)
Accounting and Finance (BPAF7103)
|III||Advanced Strategic Management (BPSM7103)
Business Research (BPBR7103)
|2||IV||Technical/Academic Writing (BPAW7103)
Qualitative Research Methods in Business Administration (BPQR7103)
|V||Applied Statistics (BPAS7103)
|3||VII||Doctoral Concept Paper BPCP 7104 (Part 2)|
|VIII||Doctoral Research-1 BPDD 7201 (Part 3)|
|IX||Doctoral Research-1 BPDD 7201 (Part 3)|
|X||Doctoral Research-2 BPDD 7202 (Part 3)|
|XI||Doctoral Research-2 BPDD 7202 (Part 3)|
|XII||Doctoral Research-2 BPDD 7202 (Part 3)|
- What is a DBA?
Doctor of Business Administration, a professional doctoral degree for managers, executives and academicians.
- Why do I need a DBA?
To enhance professional practices and deepen management knowledge, skills and leadership in business administration through intensive study and research.
- What are the entry requirements of the DBA?
a. Master as accepted by the senate, or
b. Other qualifications equivalent to Master, as accepted by senate.
- Is there any specialisation in the DBA?
You can specialise in finance, human resource, marketing, or management.
- What is the duration of study?
4 years or 12 semesters.
- How much are the fees for Malaysian and permanent residents?
RM45,348 for 4 years.
- What are the career prospects?
Learners can advance in their career in the industry or become academician in the institution of higher learning.
- What is the delivery mode?
Teaching and learning process is conducted through face-to-face tutorials, and supported with online with video lectures and forums.
- What is the structure of the programme?
Learners need to complete 12 taught courses, a concept paper, and a research dissertation.
- How many taught courses should be taken?
5 core courses, 4research skill courses, and 3 elective courses.
- How many taught courses are there per semester?
- How are the taught courses graded?
Some courses are graded based on 100% assignment, and some courses are graded based on a combination of assignment and final examination.
- What is the concept paper?
The concept paper is a three-page paper, containing the background of the study, research problem and methodology of the research that the learners intend to do for their dissertation. The concept paper will enable the university to assess the learner’s areas of interest in order to allocate the supervisor.
- When can I do and present my concept paper?
Upon completion of all the 12 taught courses (36 credits) with a CGPA of 3.00 and above. Student is expected to complete the concept paper in one semester, following the completion of the taught courses.
- When will a supervisor been appointed for my dissertation?
The university will appoint the supervisor upon successful presentation of the concept paper.
- How can I finance my study?
For Malaysian, you may withdraw your EPF contributions from Account II to finance your study.
- How do I apply?
Login to www.oum.edu.my and click ‘APPLY NOW’
- What will happen after sending my application?
Our officer will contact you for the next process.