(R2/340/8/0737 (A5905) 04/25)
The objectives of the Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration) are:
- To enhance the research management skills in specific areas of business studies,
- To enhance the analytical and conceptual skills in specific areas of business studies, and
- To foster research and development of new and improved knowledge in specific areas of business studies.
The Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration) is designed to provide a strong foundation in selected areas of business administration by learning through the various phases in the research process.
This programme is also developed to enhance the expertise of business professionals who are inclined towards an academic career, research related careers, or human resources development in selected areas of business administration like management, marketing, finance and economics.
|Malaysian Learner Fees|
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
|International Learner Fees|
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
**LATEST UPDATE: 25 February 2021
1. Master (MQF Level 7) in business-related fields as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
2. Other qualifications equivalent to Master (MQF Level 7) as accepted by HEP Senate.
English language competency requirements for international students: Minimum IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
i. No direct admission from Bachelor’s degree to Doctoral programme.
ii. Candidate with a bachelor degree who has enrolled for a masters degree programme may apply to change to a doctoral programme within 1 year after registering for the programme, subject to the following provisions:
a. Has demonstrated competency and ability to conduct research at the postgraduate level; (Level 8 MQF);
b. A comprehensive internal assessment by the HEP; and
c. Obtain approval from the HEP Senate.
NOTE: Intake is subject to the approval of the Post-Graduate Committee of the Cluster.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
Part I: Compulsory Courses
• Business Research
• Doctoral Seminar in Management
Part II: Research Proposal and Proposal Defense
• Preparing research proposal and undergoing a proposal defense
• Output of Doctoral Research Activity – Research Proposal
Part III: Thesis and Viva Voce
• Conducting research, writing thesis and undergoing a Viva Voce
• Output of Doctoral Research Activity – Thesis
- What is the required minimum qualification?
a. Master (MQF Level 7) in business-related fields as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
b. Other qualifications equivalent to Master (MQF Level 7) as accepted by HEP Senate.
- What is the mode of study for the programmes offered?
The mode of study is by research. Students are required to attend some courses as prescribed by OUM.
- How many intakes a year are there in OUM and when can I start applying?
The intake is every January, May, and September. Learners may apply at any time.
- How much time do I need to complete my studies?
Since this is a part-time study, the minimum duration is 4 years.
- How can I apply for the programme?
Please visit our website at www.oum.edu.my and you may apply online.
- How to check the application stat?
You will be contacted by OUM staff via telephone or email.
- What is English language requirement for international candidates?
The English language competency for international student is minimum IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
- How may I know the result of my application?
The offer letter will be issued by OUM.
- How will I receive my offer letter?
You will receive the offer letter via conventional mail or email.
- What is the application procedure?
Please visit OUM website at https://www.oum.edu.my/apply/ to understand the application procedure.
- How much is the processing fees?
The processing fees for OUM PhD (BA) is RM50 for Malaysian or RM100 for International students.