Bachelor of Accounting with Honours (Accredited by CPA Australia)
(R2/344/6/0040 (A5885) 03/20)
Bachelor of Accounting with Honours (BAC) aims to produce knowledgeable, analytical and competent accounting graduates to fulfil the country’s growing need of accounting profession.
This programme is designed to achieve the following Programme Education Objectives (PEO):
- To produce competent graduates with comprehensive knowledge and skills in accounting and other relevant disciplines which can be applied in accounting environment.
- To produce competent graduates who are able to respond ethically and professionally in their working environment and society.
- To produce competent graduates who are able to think critically, communicate, lead and collaborate in teams when executing their accounting duties.
- To produce competent graduates with diverse career opportunities and the ability to adapt to the dynamic changes in the business environment as well as to pursue lifelong learning.
The programme is designed to fulfil the country’s need for professionals in accounting. In designing the programme, due consideration is given to ensuring that potential graduates are well equipped with the knowledge and skills to meet the challenging work environment.
Learners are required to complete a total of 134 credit hours of prescribed studies in order to graduate. The programme structure covers five main areas:
- accounting, finance and related knowledge
- organisational and business knowledge
- information technology
- communication skills, industrial exposure and integrated case study, and
- non-accounting knowledge taken through elective courses
Learners are required to complete a total of 134 credit hours of prescribed studies in order to graduate. The Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO) of this programme is to prepare accounting graduates who are able to:
- Acquire knowledge of concepts, principles, practices and standards of accounting and other relevant disciplines which are applicable to accounting competencies;
- Apply practical and technical skills in accounting and other relevant disciplines to undertake the tasks in the field of accounting;
- Adapt different roles required in society and to contribute positively to the community and relevant stakeholders;
- Demonstrate awareness of ethics and moral values as well as professionalism in their professional duties;
- Function individually or in teams, with a capability to be a leader as well as communicate effectively and good team players;
- Think critically and suggest possible solutions using the acquired knowledge and skills in solving problems related to accounting or other issues in business environment;
- Recognise the need to engage in life-long learning for continuous improvement and professional development; and
- Enhance managerial and entrepreneurship skills in striving to accomplish the highest achievement.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM30 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International)
- PTPTN; or
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- Flexible Payment Scheme.
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.