Bachelor of Science in Project and Facility Management with Honours
The Bachelor of Science in Project and Facility Management programme at OUM has been specifically designed to meet the ever-growing demand from the industry for highly qualified and competent professionals in the area of project and facilities management. This unique programme aims to develop graduates to be industry leaders with the ability to make sound business decisions, solve strategic and operational problems, and implement best project management practices in the built environment context. This is in line with the country’s vision to sustain the economic growth.
The aim of the Bachelor Science in Facility and Project Management programme is to develop a wide range of advanced subject knowledge, subject-specific skills, generic and transferable skills among working adults in industries towards creating specialised and technology driven workforce.
Programme Education Objectives
By the end of the programme students will be able to:
- Acquire technical and practical knowledge in project and facility management in-line with the industry needs.
- Communicate effectively with industry players and demonstrate quality leadership skills and teamwork in managing facility management projects.
- Solve project and facility management problems innovatively, creatively, ethically and professionally through sustainable and scientific approaches.
- Attain entrepreneurial skills in managing projects and organisation facilities.
- Recognise the need of lifelong learning for successful career advancement related to project and facility management.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Students having completed the programme should be able to:
- Apply the theoretical and practical knowledge in managing the organisation support services related to project and facility management; (Knowledge)
- Coordinate organisation support services in the field of specialisation and implement critical and creative solutions in meeting the needs of organisation vision and mission; (Practical Skills)
- Assess and apply appropriate tools, techniques and resources in solving problems that arise in every stage of facility management to solve strategic and operation problems; (Thinking and Scientific skills)
- Conduct effective communication with project teams and service providers to create a conducive work environment; (Communication Skills)
- Apply appropriate social skills to work with others as a team in planning, organising and implementing projects; (Social skills, teamwork and responsibilities)
- Create awareness among those involved in project and facility management on health and safety, values, ethics, moral and legal issues as required in profession; (Values, ethics, moral and professionalism)
- Pursue further studies and upgrade themselves for career development and improvement in meeting the needs of industry in the digital era; (Information management and lifelong learning skills)
- Develop their capacity and willingness to organise and manage a business venture in the area of project and facility management.; and (Managerial and entrepreneurship skills)
- Able to provide constructive guidance and leadership towards successful completion of a project. (Leadership)
The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM30 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International)
- PTPTN; or
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- Flexible Payment Scheme.
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.