Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration)
(R/340/8/0737 (A5905) 04/25)
The objectives of the Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration) are:
- To enhance the research management skills in specific areas of business studies,
- To enhance the analytical and conceptual skills in specific areas of business studies, and
- To foster research and development of new and improved knowledge in specific areas of business studies.
The Doctor of Philosophy (Business Administration) is designed to provide a strong foundation in selected areas of business administration by learning through the various phases in the research process.
This programme is also developed to enhance the expertise of business professionals who are inclined towards an academic career, research related careers, or human resources development in selected areas of business administration like management, marketing, finance and economics.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.
Part I: Compulsory Courses
- Coursework (2 courses) = 6 credits
- BPRM7103: Research Methodology in Business Administration, and
- BPMG7103: Doctoral Seminar in Management, or
- BPMK7103: Doctoral Seminar in Marketing, or
- BPFN7103: Doctoral Seminar in Finance, or
- BPEC7103: Doctoral Seminar in Economics
Part II: Research Proposal and Proposal Defence
- Preparing research proposal and undergoing proposal defence
- BPDD7203-1: Doctoral Research – Proposal
Part III: Thesis and Viva Voce
- Conducting research, writing thesis and undergoing Viva Voce
- BPDD7203-2: Doctoral Research