Master of Early Childhood Education (MECHE)
R/143/7/0097 & MQA/FA4916
MECHE programme is designed to prepare working adults for high level academic study in early childhood and to conduct research in the area of early childhood education. The research project conducted by students will help them to learn basic research skills in early childhood education as well as to prepare them for graduate study at the doctoral level.
i. Bachelor degree (MQF Level 6) with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or its equivalent as accepted by Senate; or
ii. Bachelor degree (MQF Level 6) or its equivalent with CGPA below 2.50 is acceptable subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in related field.
- Malaysian; AND
- The candidate should be more than 30 years of age in the year of application; AND
- Relevant work experience / prior experiential learning; AND
- Pass the APEL Assessment (Aptitude Test, Portfolio & Interview) conducted by OUM; AND
- Possess the following qualification:
- STPM / Recognised Diploma; Or
- Matriculation / Foundation (credit score 50-52 credits; CGPA grade 2.00 and above; minimum study period of one year); Or
- A-Level (minimum of 3 courses; minimum grade E; duration of study at least 18 months); Or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (minimum of 6 courses and 3 required elements; minimum grade of 24 points and above; duration of study at least 2 years).
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.
|HMEC5213 EARLY CHILDHOOD CURRICULUM PLANNING AND ASSESSMENT
|HMEC5233 PEDAGOGICAL APPROACHES IN EARLY CHILDHOOD SETTINGS
|HMEC5123 QUALITY OR EDUCATIONAL ENVIRONMENT FOR YOUNG CHILDREN
|HMEC5333 ISSUES AND TRENDS IN EARLY CHILDHOOD
|HMEC5323 EARLY INTERVENTION: THEORY AND PRACTICE
|HMEC5413_V2 HOME, SCHOOL AND COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIP IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION AND CARE
|HMEC5113_V2 CHILD DEVELOPMENT THEORIES
|HMEC5424 EDUCATIONAL RESEARCH METHODS IN EARLY CHILDHOOD
|HMEC5433 ACADEMIC WRITING
|HMEC5223 MANAGING LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT IN EARLY CHILDHOOD ORGANISATION
|HMEC5313_V2 COUNSELLING AND GUIDING CHILDREN IN EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION
|HMEC5516 MASTRE’S PROJECT
|Apel credits – which subject eligible for Apel C
|HMEC5223 Managing Learning and Development in Early Childhood Organisation
|HMEC5233 Pedagogical Approaches to Early Childhood Settings
|HMEC5333 Issues and Trends in Early Childhood
|HMEC5413_V2 Home School and Community Partnership in Early Childhood Education and Care