Master of Early Childhood Education
(R/143/7/0097 (MQA/FA 4916) 12/19)
MECHE programme is designed to prepare working adults for high level academic study in early childhood and to conduct research in the area of early childhood education. The research project conducted by students will help them to learn basic research skills in early childhood education as well as to prepare them for graduate study at the doctoral level. Students who wish to progress in academia are exposed to academic journal writing and they are encouraged to publish their own research paper.
During the duration of programme, students will be provided with specific information on child care and preschool that includes innovative teaching pedagogies, quality early childhood environment, children with special needs and child development theories to enhance the practice of early childhood education. Graduating students with MECHE have high possibilities for very rewarding careers such as early childhood teacher, subject matter expert, consultant, programme designer, author of children’s book, early childhood tutor and early childhood education trainer.
On top of that, students are also taught to design their own early childhood programme or curriculum and learn how to run their own early childhood centre based on the curriculum they have designed. They are also taught on how branches and early childhood education franchise system can help them expand their business.
This is a two (2) years or six (6) semester master’s degree by coursework programme. Students will be exposed to 11 core modules which cover all the five (5) core area of knowledge included courses in theory and research methodology. Students can only register for a maximum of three (3) courses per semester. At the end of the programme students are required to conduct a research project and produce a project report of not exceed 15,000 words.
A face-to-face seminars of two (2) hours will be conducted four (4) times per semester only on weekends. Besides face-to-face seminars, students are encourage to actively involved in on-line discussion forums through the myINSPIRE.
Assessment for every course based on 60% coursework and 40% final examination.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.