Master of Early Childhood Education
(R/143/7/0097 (MQA/FA 4916) 12/24)
The MECHE programme has been designed to prepare working adults for higher level academic study in early childhood and to conduct research in the area of early childhood education. The research project conducted by students will enable them to learn basic research skills in early childhood education and prepare them for doctoral level study. Students wishing to progress into the academic world are exposed to academic journal writing where they are encouraged to publish their own research paper.
Students taking the programme will be provided with specific information on child care and preschool that includes innovative teaching pedagogies, quality early childhood environment, children with special needs and child development theories to enhance the practice of early childhood education. The prospects for graduates of MECHE are promising as they can embark on careers as early childhood teacher, subject matter expert, consultant, programme designer, author of children’s book, early childhood tutor, trainers and lecturer.
On top of that, students are also taught to design their own early childhood programme or curriculum and learn how to run their own early childhood centre based on the curriculum they have designed. They are also taught on how to expand their business using the franchise system so that their early childhood education centres can be replicated in other locations.
This is a two (2) year or six (6) semester master’s degree programme by coursework.
Assessment is based on the ratio of 60% coursework and 40% final examination.
The programme is delivered through blended pedagogy of self-managed learning, online forum and face-to-face tutorials. Students can opt for the fully online mode where the face-to-face tutorials will be replaced with e forums and e lessons which will guide their learning.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.