Master of Human Resource Management
(R2-DL/345/7/0445 (A9398) 10/23)
The objectives of the Master in Human Resource Management are to:
- To develop an understanding of theory and practice in the overall human resource management areas;
- To help students prepare effectively, through broadening their knowledge, skills and ability for a career as human resource specialists;
- To inculcate a sense of appreciation for innovative thinking in human resource management areas, particularly in understanding organizational theory and its application to organizational development;
- To develop the ability to sensibly solve employees and organizational issues; and
- To provide a reliable basis for further professional or educational enhancement in the future.
Placing the right people in the right job is the most important role of human resource management. To carry out this task, the human resource management itself must be staffed with the right people in the first place. This is a requirement that a human resource department should fulfill if it wants to recruit people with the right skills. Today, employees are looked upon as assets who can help to organisational goals. Therefore, trained and qualified human resource professionals should and would have an edge in the job market.
The MHRM programme in OUM provides learners with the opportunity to enhance their skills and knowledge in human resource management and to manage people in organization effectively.
i. Sarjana Muda (Tahap 6 MQF) dengan minimum PNGK 2.50 daripada 4.00 atau kelayakan yang setaraf sebagaimana yang diterima oleh Senat PPT; atau
ii. Sarjana Muda (Tahap 6 MQF) atau yang setaraf tetapi tidak mencapai PNGK 2.50 daripada 4,00 boleh diterima, tertakluk kepada minimum 5 tahun pengalaman bekerja dalam bidang yang berkaitan.
Syarat kompetensi Bahasa Inggeris bagi pelajar antarabangsa: Minimum IELTS 6.0 atau yang setaraf.
- Warganegara Malaysia; DAN
- Calon hendaklah berumur 30 tahun dan ke atas pada tahun permohonan dibuat; DAN
- Mempunyai pengalaman bekerja/pengalaman pembelajaran terdahulu yang berkaitan; DAN
- Lulus Penilaian APEL bagi Sarjana (yang dikendalikan oleh OUM); DAN
- Memiliki kelayakan seperti berikut:
- STPM / Diploma yang diiktiraf; Atau
- Matrikulasi / Asasi / Foundation (nilai kredit 50-52 kredit ; nilai gred PNGK 2.00 dan ke atas ; tempoh pengajian sekurang-kurangnya setahun) ; Atau
- A-Level (jumlah kursus minimum 3 ; nilai gred minimum E ; tempoh pengajian sekurang-kurangnya 18 bulan) ; Atau
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (jumlah kursus minimum 6 kumpulan kursus dan 3 elemen wajib ; nilai gred minimum 24 point dan ke atas ; tempoh pengajian sekurang-kurangnya 2 tahun).
i. Bachelor Degree (MQF Level 6) with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 out of 4.00 or its equivalent qualifications as accepted by the HEP Senate; or
ii. Bachelor Degree (MQF Level 6) or its equivalent with CGPA below 2.50 out of 4.00 is acceptable, subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience in related field.
English language competency requirements for international students: Minimum IELTS 6.0 or equivalent.
- The candidate should be more than 30 years of age in the year of application; AND
- Relevant work experience / prior experiential learning; AND
- Pass the APEL Assessment (Aptitude Test, Portfolio & Interview) conducted by OUM; AND
- Possess the following qualification:
- STPM / Recognised Diploma; Or
- Matriculation / Foundation (credit score 50-52 credits; CGPA grade 2.00 and above; minimum study period of one year); Or
- A-Level (minimum of 3 courses; minimum grade E; duration of study at least 18 months); Or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (minimum of 6 courses and 3 required elements; minimum grade of 24 points and above; duration of study at least 2 years).
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
(Subject to change)
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
MASTER OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT (MHRM) FAQ
- What is MHRM?
Master of Human Resource Management
- Why need a master’s degree in human resource management?
To equip learners with the knowledge needed to face human resource challenges and prepare learners as an expert to lead a strategic planningof a business to face human capital challenges.
- What are the entry requirements of MHRM?
a. Bachelor degree with CGPA of 2.50 above (out of 4.00), or
b. Bachelor degree with CGPA of 2.50 below and subject to a minimum of 5 years working experience, or
c. STPM/Matriculation/Foundation/A-Level, Malaysian age more than 30 years old with working experience, and should pass the assessment (conducted by OUM).
- What would you study in MHRM?
Recruitment and selection, human resource development, compensation management, performance management, occupational safety and health, and others elective courses related to human resource management.
- What is the duration of study?
2 years or 6 semesters.
- How much are the fees for Malaysian and permanent residents?
RM23,352 for 2 years.
- How much are the fees for International students?
Registration fees of RM1, 000 and an additional 20% of the tuition fees, and subject to currency rate.
- What are your career prospects?
Learners may enter careers in human resource, trainer, consulting, specialist, and any careers related to human resource management.
- What is the delivery mode?
The classes are conducted fully online with video lecturer, forums, and virtual face-to-face tutor meeting. The virtual face-to-face tutor meetingis conducted on weekends or evening.
- How many courses should be taken?
9 compulsory courses, 3 elective courses, and 1 project paper.
- How many courses are there per semester?
- How to grade student performance?
Some courses based on 100% assignment, and some courses 60% assignment + 40% final examination.
- Where can I find out about funding?
For Malaysian, you may withdraw their EPF contributions from Account II to finance their study.
- How do I apply?
Login to www.oum.edu.my and click ‘APPLY NOW’
- What will happen when I’ve sent my application?
Just wait our officer will contact you.