Master of Information Technology
(R2-DL/481/7/0390 (A9815) / 04/2024)
This Master of Information Technology (MIT) program aims at producing responsible, innovative and creative graduates with skills in planning, organizing, designing and managing variety of ICT-based solutions to different kind of organizations.
This programme is carried out to prepare the workforce by strengthening the managerial skills and competencies in computerised technical know-how, improving managerial capability in handling information management in business organisations, producing knowledge workers who will be the future leaders in the nation’s progress and enhancing analytical skills and problem-solving capability in handling current issues in computer related management. The courses offered in this programme will be expected to produce graduates, whom are knowledgeable in the field of technology as well as sensitive to new ideas and environment, social issues and human values.
Through this programme, Open University Malaysia (OUM) is able to contribute meaningfully towards professional workforce, especially in the number of qualified Master of Information Technology graduates. This programme will also be able to add to the need of the workforce that is very necessary now and in time to come, such as Network Solutions Manager / Engineer, Wireless Broadband Engineer, Architect / Developer IT Network Applications, Telecommunications Software Developer, Data Networking Expert.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.