Master of Instructional Design and Technology
(R2-DL/140/7/0008 (A9450) 11/23)
The Master of Instructional Design Technology programme (MIDT) offered by the Open University Malaysia (OUM) aims to produce graduates who will be equipped with impactful theories, principles and practices of Instructional Design that could be applied in numerous engaging, attractive and appealing settings especially in an e-learning and social media environment. The instructional methods for MIDT are task-based and student centered, utilizing up to date learning designs to suit various technology environments. As we are aware, present day students are facing learning challenges that are fundamentally different from that of previous generations.
They require a different kind of educational experience that fits their multitasking lifestyle. In addition to this growing demand are technological developments, which have ushered in a new paradigm in education, bringing with it a new breed of students and a demand for courses that meet their needs. With the job market growing ever more competitive, and employees being expected to continually develop themselves professionally, lifelong learning’ has become a necessity.
OUM has recognized this need for innovative programmes and pedagogical solutions to attract such students, and has offered several online courses to its clients – MIDT is one of them. Another highlight of the programme is the diversity of its learning community: the students and facilitators hail from at least 7 different time zones and 14 different countries.
This uniqueness enables a mix of cultures unparalleled in education. It is also very affordable – at least four times cheaper than those offered by other equally competitive institutions in other parts of the world with no compromise on the quality of learning.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.