Master of Occupational Safety and Health Risk Management
(R-DL/862/7/0004 (MQA/FA0538) 07/21)
This Master of Occupational Safety and Health Risk Management (MOSHRM) programme offered at OUM is a part-time open and distance learning (ODL) postgraduate programme which offers a qualification that provides a sound business and technical basis basis in the application of risk management principles to manage effectively safety and health issues in an organisation for business sustainability. This course includes study in the areas of risk management, management systems, Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) legislations, Occupational Health and Hygiene, Occupational Safety, Process Safety Management, Six Sigma and Security Management. The capstone unit for the Masters is a work-related research project.
MOSHRM provides a unique mix of academic and industry relevance learning experiences to the learners to have the complete set of competencies as a Safety and Health Manager and Advisor who is capable to integrate OSH into business management. MOSHRM provide a unique mix of academic quality and industry relevance to develop sound, solid and professional competencies in OSH.
MOSHRM program is fully accredited by Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA), recognised by Public Service Department (JPA).
OSH professional practitioners are in demand because of the increasing focus on the management of occupational safety and health processes in accordance with the law and regulatory requirements. Graduates of this course are likely to have increased opportunities across a wide range of professions and industries.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.