The University is growing and in line with our expansion programme, we invite motivated individuals to be part of our dynamic team.
Open University Malaysia (OUM) is the first Open and Distance Learning (ODL) University in Malaysia. As we expand to provide the very best of teaching and learning experiences to our learners, we rely more than ever on the talents of our human resources.
In line with our expansion programme, we now invite high-calibre and dedicated Malaysian professionals to join our prestigious ODL institution. We offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Great learning opportunities
- Excellent remuneration
PROFESSOR / ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR / SENIOR LECTURER / LECTURER
1. CLUSTER OF BUSINESS AND MANAGEMENT (CBM)
- Human Resource Management
2. CLUSTER OF EDUCATION AND SOCIAL SCIENCES (CESS)
- Early Childhood
3. CLUSTER OF APPLIED SCIENCES (CAS)
- Health Sciences
- Safety and Health
- Electrical Engineering
Teach, develop and coordinate the delivery of courses and undertake research and publications in relevant areas;
- Develop learning materials for relevant subject areas – in particular, modules for specific programmes;
- Ensure that learning and assessment materials fulfil the expected outcomes for the relevant courses and programmes;
- Ensure that all programme standards and codes of practice for programme accreditation are complied with;
- Ensure that the programmes offered remain viable, up-to-date and are at the highest quality possible.
- Possess at least a master’s degree from a recognised institution in one of the fields stated above.
- Applicants with a PhD qualification or are currently pursuing PhD will be given preference;
- Possess a minimum of 5 years of relevant teaching experience in an institution of higher learning;
- Able to communicate and work well with people at all levels;
- Able to work under pressure and practice a flexible teaching style;
- Proficient in Bahasa Malaysia and English;
- Knowledgeable in teaching methodology;
- IT-savvy and able to conduct classes online;
- Preferably have prior teaching experience.
How to Apply:
- For academic positions, kindly indicate your preferred position, field and Cluster.
- For non-academic positions, kindly indicate your position and location.
- We offer an attractive and competitive remuneration package which commensurate with qualifications and experience to successful candidates.
- Please send your Curriculum Vitae (CV) complete with details of your educational background, work experience, skills, current and expected salaries together with a passport-size photograph to the Group Human Resource Management Division, Open University Malaysia at email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. If you do not receive any notification within six (6) months from the date of advertisement, your application is deemed unsuccessful.
Open University Malaysia (OUM) is the first private Open and Distance Learning (ODL) University in Malaysia. In our quest for excellence and in order to provide better teaching and learning experiences to our learners, we are seeking Part-Time Tutors/Facilitators to join our prestigious and forward-looking university. We seek individuals who are:
- Experts in their respective disciplines
- Passionate in sharing knowledge and experience, as well as guide mature learners in their quest for academic excellence
- Dedicated and willing “to walk the extra mile” for our learners
- Are committed, highly disciplined and possess excellent communication and teaching skills
They are part-time academics hired by Open University Malaysia to teach assigned Undergraduate courses through a face-to-face session at Learning Centres.
They are part-time academics hired by Open University Malaysia to teach assigned Postgraduate courses through the face-to-face session at Learning Centres.
PART-TIME TUTOR FOR BACHELOR OF MEDICAL AND HEALTH SCIENCES WITH HONOURS (BMHS)
We are urgently seeking dedicated individuals to be our part-time tutors for (BMHS) For details, please download the advertisement. – Download Part-Time Tutors Advertisement
- Possess at least a Master’s degree in related field. Applicants with a PhD qualification will be given preference
- Possess a minimum of 3 years teaching experience in the relevant disciplines/subjects at Institution of Higher Learning and/or have been working in a senior position in the private or public sector
- Proficient in English and Bahasa Malaysia
- Computer literate
How to Apply:
Only Online Application will be considered.
Kindly access our website at www.oum.edu.my/oum > Career > Part Time Tutor or www.oum.edu.my/oum > Career > Facilitator to apply as Part-Time Tutor or Facilitator. The applicant can view detailed information about the courses offered by Open University Malaysia. Please read all the instructions carefully when filling the application form online.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
The University is in the process of securing approval from the Ministry of Education/MQA to offer the BMHS programme at selected Learning Centres throughout the country.