(R-DL/321/7/0197 (MQA/FA7193) 12/25)
Statement of Programme Aims, Objectives and Learning Outcomes
- The Master of Corporate Communication [MCC] degree is designed to produce corporate communication practitioners with advanced knowledge and practical skills, and competent with theoretical and practical skills in making decision and solving problems in real settings.
- The MCC aims to produce graduates with advanced knowledge to equip them with managerial skills, and the ability to communicate critically, objectively and creatively by integrating knowledge derived from multi-disciplinary fields.
- This programme is designed to produce graduates who can apply advances corporate communication theories and practical knowledge at workplace and accommodate themselves in various organisations especially in the area of corporate communication, and able to demonstrate excellent corporate communication skills in managing contemporary issues as well as in the fields of corporate communication.
The specific objectives of this programme are as follows:
- To produce graduates with advanced knowledge and practical skills in the field of corporate communication.
- To develop competent corporate communication practitioners with theoretical and practical skills to make decision and solve problem in real setting.
- To produce graduates who are able to integrate knowledge derived from multi-disciplinary fields.
- To produce the graduates with managerial skills such as planning, implementing, evaluating strategically and independently.
Justifications of Master of Corporate Communication Programme
- The Master of Corporate Communication offered by OUM is aimed to meet the needs of future and current practitioners of corporate communication and professionals in media industry to a higher level of professionalism in this field.
- It helps to fulfill the demand of the corporate communication and media industry needs in our society. Furthermore, the open and distance learning programme is a qualifying further training to produce more qualified communication and media practitioners to work in all sectors, such as in government agencies, media organisations, social institutions, NGO’s and corporate or private organisations.
- It also provides an opportunity for those who are currently employed to be promoted to higher position either in public or private sectors.
|Language of Instruction||Bahasa Melayu & English|
|Study Scheme||Part- time|
|Mode of delivery||1.Self managed Leaning|
2. Online Learning
3. Face to face sessions
|MQA Accreditation||MQA/FA 7193|
*This programme is not available for International intake
|Malaysian Learner Fees|
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
|International Learner Fees|
|*This programme is not available for International intake|
i. Bachelor degree with honours in Communication or Corporate Communication with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 or its equivalent as accepted by Senate; or
ii. Bachelor degree or its equivalent with CGPA of 2.50 or below, is acceptable subject to a special qualifying test involves two courses: Introduction to Communication and Principles of Corporate Communication.ORAPEL entry
- Malaysian; AND
- The candidate should be more than 30 years of age in the year of application; AND
- Relevant work experience / prior experiential learning; AND
- Pass the APEL Assessment (Aptitude Test, Portfolio & Interview) conducted by OUM; AND
- Possess the following qualification:
- STPM / Recognised Diploma; Or
- Matriculation / Foundation (credit score 50-52 credits; CGPA grade 2.00 and above; minimum study period of one year); Or
- A-Level (minimum of 3 courses; minimum grade E; duration of study at least 18 months); Or
- International Baccalaureate Diploma (minimum of 6 courses and 3 required elements; minimum grade of 24 points and above; duration of study at least 2 years).
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
Elective Courses (Choose only 2 Electives only)
|Subject Name||Credit Hours|
|Organisation and Business Management||3|
|Cross Cultural Management and Diversity||3|