(R/311/7/0073 (MQA/FA5677) / 08/25 )
The Master of Psychology (MPSY) programme is offered by the Cluster of Education and Social Sciences (CESS) as another postgraduate programme in OUM. It is specially designed to expand your knowledge, sharpen your critical thinking skills and teach you how to evaluate problems and find solutions. They cover all key professional competencies and provide you with critical communication skills you need to be successful. You will also have the opportunity to develop valuable research skills.
At OUM, you can tailor your education to help you meet your professional goals and interests with two selection of degrees and specializations offered: 1) Industrial/Organisational Psychology, and 2) Educational Psychology. This challenging yet rewarding master’s degree allows individuals to register with the Malaysian Psychological Association (PERSIMA), Malaysian Counselling Association (PERKAMA International), American Psychological Association (APA), and several international psychological associations.
The objectives of the MPSY programme are:
- To develop a professional orientation and identity as a psychologist by applying sound ethical and legally practice in the field of psychology.
- To develop effective communication skills and problem solving in their everyday life.
- To develop graduate with critical thinking and using scientific approach in the areas of psychology.
- To develop an empirically based approach to psychology that emphasize wellness and prevention by integrating theory and best practices.
|Malaysian Learner Fees|
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
|International Learner Fees|
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
**LATEST UPDATE: 25 February 2021
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology or its equivalent with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 from a university recognise by OUM Senate and Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA).
Note: A Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology not meeting CGPA of 2.75 (but not lower than 2.50) can be accepted subject to rigorous assessment by an internal review panel.
- A bachelor degree in other relevant fields (other than Psychology) with a minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 from a university recognise by OUM Senate and MQA.
- Additional requirements:
- Possess at least THREE (3) years of experience relevant to the intended specialisation selected.
- Provide TWO (2) letters of recommendation//endorsement from the employer/organisation/relevant parties.
- Other additional supporting documents.
|Term of Reference|
|Educational Psychology||Industrial / Organisational (IO)|
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
|Program Educational Objectives (PEO)|
|This programme aims to produce graduates that are:|
|Programme Learning Outcomes (PLO)|
|Upon completion of all courses in this programme, the graduates should be able to:|
The Master of Psychology programme is offered in 6 semesters with a total of 41 credits, consisting of 6 core courses with 2 sets of specialisations courses (I/O Psychology and Educational Psychology). Each specialisation consists of 6 courses including a master project. The course assessment consists of assignment, final exam and a final submission of a master project paper. List of courses offered are listed as below :
|Name and Course Code||Credit Hours|
|Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues||AMPL5103||3|
|Research Methods in Psychology||AMPR5103||3|
|Qualitative Research in Psychology||AMPQ5103||3|
|Specialisation 1: Industrial and Organisation|
|Training & Development||AMPD5203||3|
|Organisational Development & Change||AMPO5203||3|
|Occupational Safety & Health||AMPK5203||3|
|Master Project in I/O Psychology||AMPR5208||8|
|Specialisation 2: Educational Psychology|
|Advanced Educational Psychology||AMPY5103||3|
|Measurement & Evaluation in Education||AMPE5103||3|
|Human Development Across Life Span||AMPY5203||3|
|Theories and Practices of Teaching and Learning||AMPE5203||3|
|Psychology of Thinking Skills||AMPY5303||3|
|Master Project in Educational Psychology||AMPE5208||8|
|Total (Core & Specialisation)||41|
- What is MPSY?
MPSY stands for Masters in Psychology degree accredited by the Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA).
- When is MPSY intake?
January or May or September intake.
- How much is MPSY fees?
Kindly refer to the OUM portal. The fees will subject to OUM policy.
- What about MPSY course assessment?
Students need to do coursework (60%) and final examination (40%) with the exemption of two courses which is 100% by coursework.
- Can I apply as a student using my working experience?
Yes, working experience is an added value and will be considered to those who are applying for the Masters in Educational Psychology programme.
- How does the courses in MPSY conducted?
It is conducted via fully online through e-tutorial learning support and self-managed learning.
- Who can I contact for further enquiries regarding the MPSY programme?
|Academic Matters||Prof. Datuk Dr. Mohd Tajudin Md Ninggal|
|+6 03-7801 3911|
|Exam Matters||Mr. Mohd Firdaus Mohd Ali||+6 03-7801 1831|
|Finance Matters||Madam Haslinda Haron||+6 03-7801 2076|
|Marketing Department||Mr. A.Tarmizi Abdul Aziz||+6 03-7801 1946|