Bachelor of Human Resource Management with Honours
(R2/345/6/0655 (A5818) 01/27)
The programme is designed to produce graduates that would satisfy the country’s need for trained personnel in human resource management. The programme emphasises both breadth (basic knowledge in the various functional areas in management) as well as depth (in the field of human resource management itself).
Learners are required to accumulate 120 credit hours in order to graduate.
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Sem 1||RM 2,052||RM 1,824||RM 2,052||RM 2,052||RM 1,368|
|Sem 2||RM 2,052||RM 1,824||RM 2,052||RM 2,052||RM 2,052|
|Sem 3||RM 1,824||RM 2,052||RM 2,052||RM 2,052||–|
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,500 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
1. Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
2. Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
Processing fee: RM30 (Malaysian) & RM200 (International Students)
|Financial options:||Payment Mode:|
|EPF (Account 2); or||JomPAY|
|Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or||Internet Banking|
|HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or||Debit/Credit Card.|
i. Pass STPM or its equivalent, with minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in 2 subjects, and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or its equivalent; or
ii. Pass STAM with minimum grade of Jayyid and a pass in Mathematics and English at SPM level or its equivalent; or
iii. Pass Diploma (MQF Level 4)/Advanced Diploma (MQF Level 5) or its equivalent; or
iv. Pass Matriculation/Foundation/Asasi or its equivalent with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
v. Pass UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects and a pass in Mathematics and English; or
vi. Other recognised equivalent qualification.
English competency requirement for international students: Minimum IELTS 5.5 or equivalent.
The pass requirement in Mathematics and English at SPM level for candidates (i) and (ii) can be exempted if the qualifications comprise of Mathematics and English and the achievement is equivalent to/above the pass requirement of the subjects at SPM level. (Equality of the subjects is the responsibility of HEP and the HEP needs to have strong internal policies/procedures in assessing the equality).
• Malaysian; and
• Candidate must be 21 years old and above in the year of application being made; and
• Have previous working experience/learning relevant to the field applied; and
• Pass APEL Assessment for Bachelor Degree (conducted by OUM).
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
|Subject Name||Credit Hours|
|Tamadun Islam Dan Tamadun Asia||2|
|Health And Wellness 2||3|
|Subject Name||Credit Hours|
|Learning Skills for 21st Century||3|
|English for Oral Communication||3|
|English for Written Communication||3|
|English for Workplace communication||3|
|Subject Name||Credit Hours|
|Principles of Management||3|
|Basic Concepts of Information Technology||3|
|Thinking Skills and Problem Solving||3|
|Introduction to Communication||3|
- At what levels are HR programmes offered by Open University Malaysia (OUM)?
Currently, this course is offered at the diploma, degree and master levels.
- Are OUM’s degree programmes offered in full-time or part-time mode?
All OUM degrees programmes offered in Malaysia are run in part-time mode, specially designed for working adult who intends to pursue their higher education while working.
- How does this programme deliver to learners?
This programme is delivered through Blended mode. It refers to a combination of online study and face-to-face tutorials. Face-to-face tutorials are supplementary, and usually conducted for 3 times in a semester. Further reading, discussions are available through forum and video lecture..
- What are the assessment methods for this programme?
The assessment methods vary from course to course. However, most courses have assignments and final exams..
- Does PTPTN loan available?
The PTPTN loan is only available to Malaysian citizens enrolled in a recognised undergraduate programme. You can only apply for a PTPTN loan after you have applied, been accepted and registered in the programme. Alternatively, you can finance your study through EPF withdrawal..
- How soon can I complete the BHRM programme?
BHRM is a 120 credit-hour programme, which means that it can typically be completed in 14 semesters. That’s approximately 4 ½ years if the programme is completed without any credit transfer, and if learners take the standard 3 courses per semester path. With credit transfer, on the other hand, you can complete you study much earlier..
- Upon completion of BHRM programme, what careers can I pursue?
The field of human resources offers perhaps one of the broadest ranges of career opportunities in the workforce today. A graduate is qualified for the following positions either as a generalist of specialist in area of HR:
- Training and Development Coordinator
- Payroll Specialist
- HR Generalist
- Human Resources Manager
- Employee Relations Manager
- Compensation or Benefit Analyst/Manager
- Training and Development Manager.
- How does studying this course benefits me in the future?
Learning this course will exposure you to all area to managing people rightly. You will understand your right as employees clearly and later it helps to prepare you to be a better manager..
- Why is this course relevant?
- Improve employee turnover through proper planning of HR
- We learnt on how to resolve conflict. Though workplace conflict is somewhat inevitable as employees have different personalities, lifestyles and work ethic, bottom line, this course highlights the need to maintain harmonious work environment.
- Through planned training and development, equitable compensation and benefit that helps to improve employee performance. Satisfied employees will work beyond and committed to the organisation..
- In I am interested to enrol into this programme, who should I contact?
For academic-related enquiries related to BHRM, feel free to email Puan Bibi at email@example.com or call +60-3-89135538.
For general enquiries on OUM programmes, email the Marketing Unit at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +60-3-2773 2121.
You may also visit any of our nearest learning centre for more information.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes