Doctor of Business Administration
(R-DL/340/8/0041 (MQA/FA0368) 03/21)
- Earn yourself a competitive edge with OUM’s DBA. It is a professional doctoral degree designed for managers and executives who wish to enhance their professional practices and deepen their management knowledge, skills and leadership in business administration through intensive study and research. A total of 80 credits of core courses, electives and research components need to be completed in order to be awarded this doctoral degree.
- 15 credits are allocated for core courses, 12 credits are for core research skills, 9 credits are for electives and 24 credits for a research dissertation or projects.
- Specialisation is allowed in these areas:
- Human Resource
- DBA aims to produce a new breed of scholar-managers who have the ability to develop a vision for the future, think critically and plan strategically, implement effective business policies and make sound decisions to achieve business goals.
- A major aim of the OUM DBA is to educate senior executives to be the “scholar-managers”, who are able to apply research findings in solving the real-world management problems.
- Students are developed to identify innovation opportunities, develop breakthrough strategies, and create an organizational environment that enable innovation and change .
- Graduates will be able to apply a range of quantitative and/or qualitative research methods and formulate solutions pertaining to real business problems and issues.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of DBA Research and Dissertation.
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.
- Coursework (9 courses) = 27 credits
- Elective (3 Subjects) = 9 credits
- Research and Dissertation = 24 credits
||Advanced Managerial Economics (BPME7103)
Advanced Organisation and Management (BPOM7103)
||Advanced Marketing Management (BPMM7103)
Accounting and Finance (BPAF7103)
||Advanced Strategic Management (BPSM7103)
Business Research (BPBR7103)
||Technical/Academic Writing (BPAW7103)
Qualitative Research Methods in Business Administration (BPQR7103)
||Applied Statistics (BPAS7103)
||Doctoral Concept Paper / Presentation of Research Concept Paper
BPCP 7000 (Part 2)
||Research and Dissertation BPDD 7200 -1 (Part 3)
||Research and Dissertation BPDD 7200 -2 (Part 3)
||Research and Dissertation BPDD 7200 -3 (Part 3)
||Research and Dissertation BPDD 7200 -4 (Part 3)
||Research and Dissertation BPDD 7200 -5 (Part 3)