Master of Facility Management
(N/345/7/0815 (MQA/FA5721) 08/20)
Master of Facility Management of OUM is designed to train students in the area of fundamentals of facility management. It prepares OUM graduates to be industry leaders who make decisions, solve strategic and operational problems, and implement best management practices in the built environment. FM is a multi-disciplinary profession that ensures functionality of the built environment by integrating people, place, process and technology. FM is the total management that integrates all services to support the core business of an organisation. Recognising the need for change and focusing on the industry demand, Master of Facility Management programme is designed to meet the growing demand for professionals in the area of facility management.
The SIRIM Certified Facility Management System Manager (SIRIM CFMSM) certificate will be issued upon successful completion of the programme as per SIRIM requirements.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
By the end of the programme students will able to:
- Acquire practical knowledge in facility management and business management skills in solving organization real problems.
- Manage innovatively, creatively, ethically and professionally the core business needs as well as staffing and facilities in ensuring business continuity.
- Communicate effectively with industry players and demonstrate quality leadership skills and teamwork in solving facility management problems.
- Attain entrepreneurial skills in managing organization facilities and recognise the need of lifelong learning for successful career advancement related to facility management.
Programme Learning Outcomes:
Upon completion of this program, students should be able to:
- Apply the advanced theory and knowledge of facility management in managing organisation facilities to fulfill the core business needs;
- Apply theories and concepts in the decision-making process in the business industries;
- Advance their knowledge in the understanding of business management, effective organisation management through professionalism decision making, values and responsibilities skills related to facility management in the workplace;
- Apply the advanced skills of the strategic facility management to solve and mitigate facility management problems through effective communication, leadership and team skills to improve the productivity of company assets and facilities;
- Demonstrate the skills and principles of lifelong learning in their academic and career development; and
- Conduct research with minimal supervision and adhere to legal, ethical and professional practices related to various types of facility management services.
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
* Fees applicable to Malaysians and Permanent Residents only.
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
- Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
- Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
- RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
Re-registration fee of RM220 per semester is chargeable for extension of Masters Projects
- EPF (Account 2); or
- Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or
- HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or
- JomPAY; or
- Internet Banking; or
- Debit/Credit Card.
||Strategic Facility Management
||Organisation and Business Management
||Sustainable Practice in Facility Management
||Risk Management in Facility Management
||Technology and Innovation in Facility Management
||Asset and Operational Facility Management
||Science and Technical Research Methodology
||Master’s Project (1st semester)
||Case Study in Facility Management
||Master’s Project (2nd semester)