Bachelor of Science in Project and Facility Management with Honours
The Bachelor of Science in Project and Facility Management programme at OUM has been specifically designed to meet the ever-growing demand from the industry for highly qualified and competent professionals in the area of project and facilities management. This unique programme aims to develop graduates to be industry leaders with the ability to make sound business decisions, solve strategic and operational problems, and implement best project management practices in the built environment context. This is in line with the country’s vision to sustain the economic growth.
The aim of the Bachelor Science in Facility and Project Management programme is to develop a wide range of advanced subject knowledge, subject-specific skills, generic and transferable skills among working adults in industries towards creating specialised and technology driven workforce.
Programme Education Objectives
By the end of the programme students will be able to:
- Acquire technical and practical knowledge in project and facility management in-line with the industry needs.
- Communicate effectively with industry players and demonstrate quality leadership skills and teamwork in managing facility management projects.
- Solve project and facility management problems innovatively, creatively, ethically and professionally through sustainable and scientific approaches.
- Attain entrepreneurial skills in managing projects and organisation facilities.
- Recognise the need of lifelong learning for successful career advancement related to project and facility management.
Programme Learning Outcomes
Students having completed the programme should be able to:
- Apply the theoretical and practical knowledge in managing the organisation support services related to project and facility management; (Knowledge)
- Coordinate organisation support services in the field of specialisation and implement critical and creative solutions in meeting the needs of organisation vision and mission; (Practical Skills)
- Assess and apply appropriate tools, techniques and resources in solving problems that arise in every stage of facility management to solve strategic and operation problems; (Thinking and Scientific skills)
- Conduct effective communication with project teams and service providers to create a conducive work environment; (Communication Skills)
- Apply appropriate social skills to work with others as a team in planning, organising and implementing projects; (Social skills, teamwork and responsibilities)
- Create awareness among those involved in project and facility management on health and safety, values, ethics, moral and legal issues as required in profession; (Values, ethics, moral and professionalism)
- Pursue further studies and upgrade themselves for career development and improvement in meeting the needs of industry in the digital era; (Information management and lifelong learning skills)
- Develop their capacity and willingness to organise and manage a business venture in the area of project and facility management.; and (Managerial and entrepreneurship skills)
- Able to provide constructive guidance and leadership towards successful completion of a project. (Leadership)
|Year 1||Year 2||Year 3||Year 4||Year 5|
|Sem 1||RM 1,800||RM 1,600||RM 1,800||RM 1,800||RM 2,400|
|Sem 2||RM 1,800||RM 1,600||RM 1,800||RM 1,800||RM600|
|Sem 3||RM 1,600||RM 1,800||RM 1,800||RM 1,800||–|
* International students are required to pay registration fees of RM1,000 and an additional 20% for the tuition fees.
* The University reserves the right to revise the fees without prior notice.
Discount for the Physically Challenged Learners (OKU) and Senior Citizens
The University offers 50% discount for:
1. Senior citizens aged 60 and above on registration date; and
2. Physically challenged learners – a valid Orang Kelainan Upaya (OKU) is required.
These discounts are for subject fees only and are not applicable for research and other fees. The discounts are also not valid for second time registration and repeating of subjects.
Learners who receive this discount are not entitled to other discounts and promotions.
Processing fee: RM50 (Malaysian) & RM100 (International Students)
|Financial options:||Payment Mode:|
|EPF (Account 2); or||JomPAY|
|Education or Personal Loan from commercial banks; or||Internet Banking|
|HRDF (subject to employer’s eligibility); or||Debit/Credit Card.|
i. Pass STPM or its equivalent, with minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in 2 subjects; AND
ii. Pass Mathematics, English and one subject in Science/Technical/Vocational at SPM level; or
iii. Pass STAM (Jayyid level); AND
iv. Pass Matriculation/Foundation/Asasi with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
v. Pass UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics, English and one subject in Science/Technical/ Vocational; or
vi. Diploma in Building Survey with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 (Candidate with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 must have a minimum of 1 year related working experience); or
vii. Diploma in the field of Built Environment with at least CGPA of 2.50 (Candidate achievement of CGPA less than 2.50 but above 2.00 must have relevant working experience of at least 1 year. Learners must take EBPM3103: Introduction to Project & Facility Management and EBDM2103: Building Design Management in 1st year of study); or
viii. Other recognised equivalent qualification.
For international students, English Language Testing as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 500 or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 5.0 or equivalent. If students do not meet these requirements, learners must take OUMH1303: English for Oral Communication and pass the subject in 1st year of study.
• Malaysian; and
• Candidate must be 21 years old and above in the year of application being made; and
• Have previous working experience/learning relevant to the field applied; and
• Pass APEL Assessment for Bachelor Degree (conducted by OUM).
- The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
- Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
- Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
- Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
|GENERAL STUDIES COURSES|
|Subject Name||Credit Hours|
|FALSAFAH DAN ISU SEMASA 2||2|
|TAMADUN ISLAM DAN TAMADUN ASIA 1||3|
|PENGHAYATAN ETIKA DAN PERADABAN 2||2|
|Subject Name||Credit Hours|
|LEARNING SKILLS FOR 21st CENTURY||3|
|ENGLISH FOR WRITTEN COMMUNICATION||3|
|ENGLISH FOR ORAL COMMUNICATION||3|
|ENGLISH FOR SCIENCE AND TECHNICAL PURPOSES||3|
|Subject Name||Credit Hours|
|PRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT||3|
|THINKING SKILLS AND PROBLEM SOLVING||3|
|INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATION||3|
|BASIC CONCEPTS OF INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY||3|
- Can I get brief information on the BPFM programme?
BSc in Project and Facility Management (BPFM) is a hybrid program which is a combination of TWO filed. This program designed to tackles the demand for an expert in both project and facility management. In the construction sector, there are two areas that need to focus:First, the construction phase which is synonyms with project management. This phase had many issues and problems and need an expert to handle it whereby, Project Management is involved with the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques in managing project activities to meet the project requirements.Second is in the post-construction and during occupancies. In the occupancies phase, Facility Management knowledge and technical skills are needed to ensure the building maintenance are planned accordantly in meeting the end-user needs as well as organisation business process.The uniqueness of the program is it covered the whole life cycle of the building that can give students the knowledge both field as well as widen the students career in the construction industry.
- Is the programme obtain full accreditation from Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA)?
The programme is fully accredited starting 4/2/2016.
Reference Number: MQA/FA1334
Certificate Number: 15657
Refer to the link below:
- What are the advantages of the programme and who should enrol?
The advantages of the programme:
- To improve the knowledge related to Project Management and Facility Management that focus on critical thinking and problem solving.
- To ensure the competency and professionalism of the learners thus contribute to the employers and organization’s competitive advantage.
- Career advancement.
- In addition, with the programme, the learners will obtain professional certification through SIRIM collaborationProspects in the following background:
- Project Management
- Construction Management
- Interior Designers
- Facility Management
- Building Service Management
- Operation and Maintenance Managers
- Healthcare (FM Operation and Maintenance)
- ANYONE interested to pursue their career in FM
- What is the uniqueness of the programme?
Realigning the content with the current industry demand, we have a collaboration with SIRIM to offer additional certification to the learners who enrol in this programme. A certificate of Recognition SIRIM Certified Facility Management System Executive (SIRIM CFMSE) will be issued to BPFM learners after successful completing and passing the assessment for the modules based on SIRIM requirements.
The objectives of the certification:
- To provide professional recognition to individuals who have satisfactorily completed the certification.
- To train and build up local expertise in quality practices in order to meet the demand from industries.
- Can you explain further on the SIRIM certification granted to learners upon completion of the programme?
SIRIM CFMSE Certified Facility Management System Executive is a certification designed to equip the graduating bachelor degree students with knowledge and skills in Facility Management System as an added value upon their graduations. The knowledge and skills are valuable in ensuring them to stay competitive and able to meet challenges and demand in facility management industries in quality area.
- What are the entry requirements for MFM?
- Normal Entry
- Pass STPM or its equivalent, with minimum Grade C (GP 2.00) in 2 subjects; AND
- Pass Mathematics, English and one subject in Science/Technical/Vocational at SPM level; or
- Pass STAM (Jayyid level); AND
- Pass Matriculation/Foundation/Asasi with a minimum CGPA of 2.00; or
- Pass UEC with minimum Grade B in 5 subjects including Mathematics, English and one subject in Science/Technical/ Vocational; or
- Diploma in Building Survey with a minimum CGPA of 2.50 (Candidate with CGPA below 2.50 but above 2.00 must have a minimum of 1 year related working experience); or
- Diploma in the field of Built Environment with at least CGPA of 2.50 (Candidate achievement of CGPA less than 2.50 but above 2.00 must have relevant working experience of at least 1 year. Learners must take EBPM3103: Introduction to Project & Facility Management and EBDM2103: Building Design Management in 1st year of study); or
- Other recognised equivalent qualification.For international students, English Language Testing as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a score of 500 or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a score of 5.0 or equivalent. If students do not meet these requirements, learners must take OUMH1303: English for Oral Communication and pass the subject in 1st year of study. OR
- APEL Entry
- Malaysian; and
- Candidate must be 21 years old and above in the year of application being made; and
- Have previous working experience/learning relevant to the field applied; and
- Pass APEL Assessment for Bachelor Degree (conducted by OUM).Note: The provisional offer of admission will be revoked if the candidate:
Fails to submit evidence of qualification within the stipulated date; or
Does not meet the entry requirements of the University.
Entry requirements are subject to change as stipulated by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency.
- Normal Entry
- What is the mode of teaching for the programme?
BPFM is a taught course program (Part-time for 4 years and 8 months) where you are encouraged to attend the e-tutorial sessions conducted using video conferencing via Google Meet (10 sessions@10 hours per course) by E-Tutor.
You will also be supported with the forum discussion under the learning platform (MyInspire) assisted by the e- tutor. Assignment and modules will be uploaded in your MyInspire course.
You are recommended to register for 2 courses per semester.
You are required to submit assignments through online and sit for the take home final examination through online submission. Some of the courses will have a Project Based Learning (PtBL) and Problem Based Learning (PBL).
- What is the fees of the programme?
The fee details are as per given in the Fees page in the programme website.
- What is the structure and courses under the programme?
Refer to the link of the programme:
- Can the learners apply APEL C for the programme?
Learners can apply all the courses under BPFM except for the following course:
a) Final Project.
Eligibility based on portfolio submission. Refer to APEL C link: https://www.oum.edu.my/apel-flexible-entry/
- What is the career pathway of the programme?
Enhancing career as an Assistance Project Manager, Assistance Construction Manager, Assistance Facility Manager and Assistance Building Manager in Project Management and Facility Management industries.
- What is the learning pathway of the programme?
After completion of the programme, learner can continue to pursue education in the following OUM programmes:
Master of Facility Management.
Master of Project Management.
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Language English
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes